perfect peach cobbler


my mom makes the best cobbler ever. this is her recipe. i bottle peaches in the summer just so we can enjoy this cobbler all year long. my mom doesn't bottle anymore, so know that you can use store bought cans of peaches with the same results. you will love this crispy-chewy shortbread topping. plan on serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. this is such an easy recipe you will have it memorized by the second time you make it~

perfect peach cobbler
recipe from shellee v.

1 cube butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (20 oz) cans, or 2 quarts bottled peaches, very well drained

blend butter into flour, sugar and salt, using a pastry blender, forks, or in a food processor. dump drained peaches into a 9x13-inch pan and pour topping evenly over all. bake at 350 degrees for one hour, until it is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.

*this recipe is easily halved. (i usually make a half batch in an 8x8 pan for our family. just use a half cube butter, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and one quart (or can) peaches.

3 comments:

  1. Yummo - this was one of my fav deserts as a kid. I'll have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in such a peach kick right now! I can't wait to try your cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you! Finally a good peach cobbler recipe! I have probably tried a gazillion times to make agood peach cobbler and always failed. I made this, and the first try it was perfect! We took it to the river for FHE.

    ReplyDelete

 

SOMEBODY STOP ME

Meet The Author