cinnamon sugar breadsticks with vanilla cream frosting dip

these don’t last but a few minutes hot from the oven.   they are amazing. just you wait!

cinnamon sugar breadsticks
an original recipe by rachelle

4 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 cups warm water, divided
3 tablespoons oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
cinnamon sugar: 3 Tablespoons sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

in a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in 1 cup warm water. add the oil, egg, salt, 2 cups flour, and remaining sugar and water. beat until smooth. stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. knead in machine until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top of dough. cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
punch the dough down. turn onto a floured surface; roll into a rectangle, about 15 x 8. cut rectangle using a pizza cutter into 12 strips. roll each strip between your palms like a snake. hang the snake over your forefinger and twist the dough together. place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes. (they are big!) preheat oven after 10 mins waiting. bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown. melt butter and brush it all on the hot breadsticks. hear the yummy sizzle of butter on the hot pan. dust cinnamon sugar over hot buttered breadsticks. dip in the vanilla cream frosting dip. oh.

vanilla cream frosting dip
an original recipe by rachelle

4 ounces cream cheese (a half package.)
1 cup powdered sugar, plus a couple Tbsp, to taste
2 Tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 dash salt

soften cream cheese. mix all together until fluffy and smooth. this shouldn't be as set as a normal frosting, a thinner consistency makes the dipping that much better. oh, the dipping. oh.

5 comments:

  1. These look soooo yummy! I swear I can smell them. Another great thing to try when I finally get my kitchen finished. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for my kiddos last night and they loved them. Unfortunately I ate a bunch of them too... so much for my diet! Delicious and pretty easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make these for quite a while, and I finally did. Oh my...they were SO good and reminded me a lot of the breadsticks my college room mates and I would order from a little pizza place...well, except these were better :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

SOMEBODY STOP ME

Meet The Author