yummo granola


homemade granola is a staple in my pantry. every week or two, i make up a new batch of granola to have on hand. here's why: it's delicious. while the nutritional value of homemade granola definitely makes a case for itself, the taste alone is motivation enough for me to make it. yummo granola is yummy as a snack, with milk or soy milk like cold cereal, in cookies and muffins, or with berries and yogurt in a parfait. it takes less than ten minutes to toss it together and stick it in the oven, so it definitely qualifies as cheap, easy and quick. it is a yummy treat that will please the most discerning palates. (and by discerning palate, i mean those pesky picky kiddos.) pull up the barstools and let the little people help you make this!

yummo granola
recipe an old family fave

6 cups oats
1 cup nuts, chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flaxseeds
3/4 cup coconut
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup honey
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup craisins

Mix together: oats, nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, coconut, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix: honey, vanilla and oil. stir together and spread on a large cookie sheet with sides. (aka jellyroll pan.) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Stir in raisins and craisins. Store in an airtight container. (I use an old gallon ice cream bucket, and this recipe fills it.)

*i like a blend of walnuts, slivered almonds and pecans. this is my favorite recipe for granola because it stays soft. i have a crunchy granola recipe i love. if you want that one, comment me and i'll put it up too. google and you'll come up with a gazillion recipes for crunchy granola. it's chewy granola that is hard to find.

6 comments:

  1. Rachelle,

    I eat granola every morniing over my yogurt and have been looking for a recipe to make my own - will give this a try, it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! It is a staple at our house too! I love to see the fam. eating and enjoying something so good for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! I made this recipe and loved how chewy and soft it was. My other recipes are crunchy, this one is a keeper! Thanks AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this article on PoshMama.com and had to come find it, again! Just mixed it up and put it in to bake. I must confess, I ate a lot of it before it made it to the oven. :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're welcome! i hope you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this and it is to die for! Such a healthy snack! Rachelle, I was in a cooking rut,until I found your blog, thanks a million! It must take a lot of time! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

 

SOMEBODY STOP ME

Meet The Author